Careers - CAMLT Jobline
CAMLT posts job opportunities as a service to the clinical laboratory community.
CAMLT does not screen or investigate the request to post a position by a potential employer. All applicants or potential applicants are encouraged to investigate potential employers before accepting a position.
For information regarding placement of job postings, please click here.
April 28, 2017
April 28, 2017
Alameda Health System – CLINICAL LABORATORY MANAGER & SUPERVISOR
Contact: To learn more and apply please contact: email@example.com or visit: www.alamedahealthsystem.org/health-professionals/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer.
A New Day at Alameda Health System
Since 1864 Alameda Health System has served the health care needs of the East Bay. Our organization has been a vital community asset, which embodies a core mission of “Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.” The heart of our mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of residents of the diverse communities of Alameda County. We are an organization that continues to adapt and transform. We do so to promote wellness and provide top-quality health care to our growing and diverse community.
Clinical Laboratory Operations Opportunities
As the Manager of Clinical Laboratory Operations at our Highland Hospital location, you will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory. In addition to supervising the laboratory employees, you will lead and coordinate team meetings, ensure timely and accurate laboratory testing, and will be responsible for the overall laboratory safety. You will oversee point of care testing (POCT) performed by about 200 diverse practitioners and will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
As a Supervisor of Clinical Laboratory Operations, you will supervise clinical laboratory operations and contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of lab procedures. You will oversee a team and provide assignments, direction and conduct performance evaluations. You will contribute to the preparation of the laboratory budget and will oversee quality control and test procedures.
Duties and essential job functions include:
- Collecting and preparing data for the laboratory Performance Measurement Report, an ongoing quality assessment tool of the Laboratory’s overall Quality Management System
- Direct oversight of Pathology support services (e.g., specimen accessioning, clerical) to assure adequate and competent staffing for timely pathology services
- Supervising Laboratory Assistants and managing specimen receiving, processing, and transportation between Alameda Health System sites as well as supervising and overseeing the morgue attendant schedule, duties, and morgue functions
- Investigating client complaints, revised reports, and reportable quality issues, ensuring accurate and complete responses; implementing immediate, short-term, and long-term corrective actions
- Overseeing and administering all aspects of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Trainee program (1 trainee annually, 9-month practical experience through all specialty areas of the Clinical Laboratory)
- Reviewing all laboratory test performance (clinical laboratory and POCT), driving process and project management, and preparing and submitting required reports to meet established deadlines; evaluates and recommends modifications of test methods or introduces new techniques, equipment, or supplies for testing under the guidance of the Administrative Director of Laboratory and Pathology services.
- A Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field may substitute for one year of experience. A PhD in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field may substitute for an additional two years of experience.
- Four to Five years of progressively responsible work experience, including leadership in Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Experience with quality assurance and regulatory surveys (i.e., College of American Pathologists, The Joint Commission, OSHA, AABB, California Department of Public Health) programs and related activities.
- At least one year of supervisory experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
- General Laboratory Supervisor as defined by CLIA ’88 with a valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of California.
- Alameda Health System -
April 26, 2017
UC Davis Health - SR. SUPERVISING CLS, SESP Lab
Contact: To view full job description and submit an on-line application, visit UC David Career Opportunities at: http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id+98243
Requisition number #047221
Sr. Supervising CLS, SESP Lab
Salary Range: $3509.60 - $6321.60 Bi-weekly
Under the direction of the clinical Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for the day to day management of the 24/7 Hospital Laboratory located in the Surgery and Emergency Services Pavilion (SESP), including Automated Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and Point of Care (POC). This position works closely with the Clinical Specialist Supervisor of the pre-analytical Specimen and Report Center (SARC). The incumbent supports departmental goals through the management of timely and accurate blood and body fluid processing and analysis; evaluating and implementing new procedures, methods or instruments; scholarly publications; and quality assurance monitoring for several technical sections. A primary focus is on supporting the section supervisors with long range planning, project implementation, and collaboration with other departments to meet hospital goals and initiatives.
• Must possess current California State issued Clinical Laboratory Science license.
• Technical knowledge of Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and POC processes and procedures as necessary within the scope of job responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement principles.
• Knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and patient confidentiality, privacy and security.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines (CLSI), College of American Pathologists requirements (CAP), and Joint Commission (JC) clinical laboratory regulations.
• Knowledge of laboratory and hospital information systems (LIS/EMR).
• Knowledge of operational requirements of lab analyzers, instruments and equipment.
• Teaching and communication skills necessary for interactions with CLS and MLT trainees, medical students, pathology residents, and physicians.
VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
April 21, 2017
Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories – CLINICAL LAB SCIENTISTS
Santa Barbara, CA
Contact: Send resume to: Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories, Attn: Elena Tapia-Trejo, P.O. Box 689, Santa Barbara, CA 93111.
CLINICAL LAB SCIENTISTS
(Multiple Openings) Clinical Laboratory Scientist to prepare patient samples for laboratory tests.
- Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories -
Veterans Affairs Central California Health Care System - GENERALIST CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
Contact: Apply directly at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467773900
GENERALIST CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
March 23, 2017
San Jose State University – CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST and CLINICAL GENETIC MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAM COORDINATOR
San Jose, CA
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST and CLINICAL GENETIC MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAM COORDINATOR
JOB ID: 24039
FULL/PART TIME: FULL TIME
JOB CODE: 1038
DEPARTMENT: COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
ABOUT THE POSITION
As leaders in the education of a highly trained and diverse scientific workforce, our mission is to provide a dynamic educational experience by engaging students in hands-on, inquiry-based learning activities at the bench and in the field.
The incumbent will provide program leadership for both the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Training Program (CLS) and the Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist Training Program. The incumbent develops, implements, and manages the day-to-day operations of the graduate program. Reporting to the Chair of Biological Sciences, the Program Coordinator manages all academic, clinical, methodological, and technical elements and aspects of the program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: strategic planning, curriculum planning, financial operations, staff and academic human resources, academic program support, seminar and/or symposia development and planning, facilities oversight, and coordination of all aspects of the CLS Program.
- San Jose State University –
March 15, 2017
Avanti Recruiters – CIS ANALYST Ι Full-time, Direct Hire
Contact: Interested? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CIS ANALYST Ι Full-time, Direct Hire
Our client has a passion for excellence in patient care, using technology to help improve patient outcomes. Our client is an integrated health system with 18 hospitals and nearly 200 clinics, outpatient centers and rural health providers. They run more than 500 applications, multiple platforms, and mainstream database technology to meet the needs of clinicians and corporate staff. We are looking for people who embrace technology and share their passion for excellence in patient care.
Work with a high energy, dedicated team that supports laboratory clinicians with optimization, analysis and troubleshooting/problem solving of mission-critical I.T. systems. Blend your lab experience and love for technology to ensure that patient care is at an optimum.
In this role, you will modify workflows in the EMR by database builds, modify orders and business rules, modify patient processes, participate in a variety of challenging projects that involve software upgrades, enhancements, and changes. You will really draw on your ability to use critical thought and problem solving in the technical environment for lab processes.
We are seeking an initiative-driven, team and action oriented professional that thrives in a fast-paced environment with lots of variety.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Allied Health Care discipline outside of Nursing, Medicine, or Dentistry
• Credentials and experience as a Medical Technologist, Respiratory Therapist with a 4-year degree, Radiology Tech with 4-year degree, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Registered Dietician
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in related clinical environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Clinical Information Systems and EMR technology.
- Avanti Recruiters -
March 3, 2017
PIH Health – HEMATOLOGY SUPERVISOR
Whittier & Downey, CA
Contact: For immediate consideration please contact Rossedy Anderson Rossedy.email@example.com or 562-698-0811 ext. 12788
If you are an experienced Clinical Laboratory professional and ready for a leadership position, then this is an opportunity worth exploring.
PIH Health is a fully integrated network, comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier and PIH Health Hospital - Downey, features multiple outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical group, home health and hospice care as well as heart, cancer, stroke, women’s health, and emergency services. PIH Health has been consistently recognized as one of the nation’s top hospital networks for quality, cutting-edge advancements and technology.
The Hematology Supervisor assists the Laboratory Manager in the management of the laboratory; day to day operations, scheduling, budgets, policies, and regulatory compliance. This is a supervisory position with bench work duties and administrative days off bench. Prefer clinical knowledge of CA-1500, LH-780 and Clinitek instruments but will train person with hematology background in instrumentation and regulatory compliance. Must have CA Clinical Laboratory license, Four (4) years as a medical tech, previous supervisory experience preferred but not required.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
- PIH Health -
Place Your Ad
If you have an opening and wish to advertise it here, please contact the CAMLT Executive Office.
Rates: $175 per advertisement (150 words). $25 for each additional 100 words. Add your corporate logo at the top of this page for an additional $75.
Duration: Two (2) months unless CAMLT is notified the position was filled prior to the end of the two (2) month period