Careers - CAMLT Jobline
CAMLT posts job opportunities as a service to the clinical laboratory community.
CAMLT does not screen or investigate the request to post a position by a potential employer. All applicants or potential applicants are encouraged to investigate potential employers before accepting a position.
For information regarding placement of job postings, please click here.
May 4, 2017
May 4, 2017
Central Coast Family Care Laboratory - CLS
Santa Maria, CA
Contact: SIGN-ON BONUS: $1500 TO $2500 depending on experience. Submit resume to Francine Van De Vanter: email@example.com
This position requires critical thinking, organized record keeping, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
CA CLS License required.
Day Shift - Holidays and weekends off, Benefit Package for full-time >30 hr/wk. Reports directly to Technical/General Supervisor, Lab Director and Administrator.
- Central Coast Family Care Laboratory -
May 2, 2017
Mammoth Hospital – CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Contact: For more information and to apply visit www.mammothhospital.com
CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST
About Us: Seeking an escape from the rat race? Join us at Mammoth Hospital in the beautiful Eastern Sierra mountains! Rather than sitting in traffic, imagine bookending your workday with a run down the ski slopes or a hike along any one of the dozens of mountains that surround Mammoth Lakes. Living in Mammoth Lakes places you in the middle of world class skiing, hiking, rock climbing, road and mountain biking, and fishing. Plus, Mammoth Hospital is only 45 minutes from Yosemite National Park. With less than 400 staff members, Mammoth Hospital has a familiar, easygoing atmosphere. Our staff here agree, it’s truly a great place to work-- ranking in the 98th percentile for hospital staff satisfaction. Mammoth Hospital is a patient-centered, quality driven district hospital, one of only three California hospitals to earn a Five-Star CMS rating for Patient Satisfaction. With 17-beds, this forward-thinking Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinic is one of the founding members of the National Rural Accountable Care Organization. Its advanced technology, modern facilities, and superb medical staff are highly valued resources in the community.
Job Summary: The Clinical Laboratory Scientist I (CLS) is responsible for the professional and efficient daily operation of the Laboratory which involves the ability to perform quality laboratory testing per established protocols, interpret the results and efficiently and accurately report these findings to the requesting member of the Medical Staff. The CLS is responsible for constant monitoring of quality control procedures, equipment maintenance, controlling specimen collection techniques and consultation with other laboratory staff in order to provide rapid, reliable laboratory results which will contribute to a safe environment for the patient and a high standard of quality care. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is capable of working independently in all departments except for Microbiology.
- Mammoth Hospital -
April 28, 2017
Alameda Health System – CLINICAL LABORATORY MANAGER & SUPERVISOR
Contact: To learn more and apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.alamedahealthsystem.org/health-professionals/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer.
A New Day at Alameda Health System
Since 1864 Alameda Health System has served the health care needs of the East Bay. Our organization has been a vital community asset, which embodies a core mission of “Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.” The heart of our mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of residents of the diverse communities of Alameda County. We are an organization that continues to adapt and transform. We do so to promote wellness and provide top-quality health care to our growing and diverse community.
Clinical Laboratory Operations Opportunities
As the Manager of Clinical Laboratory Operations at our Highland Hospital location, you will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory. In addition to supervising the laboratory employees, you will lead and coordinate team meetings, ensure timely and accurate laboratory testing, and will be responsible for the overall laboratory safety. You will oversee point of care testing (POCT) performed by about 200 diverse practitioners and will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
As a Supervisor of Clinical Laboratory Operations, you will supervise clinical laboratory operations and contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of lab procedures. You will oversee a team and provide assignments, direction and conduct performance evaluations. You will contribute to the preparation of the laboratory budget and will oversee quality control and test procedures.
Duties and essential job functions include:
- Collecting and preparing data for the laboratory Performance Measurement Report, an ongoing quality assessment tool of the Laboratory’s overall Quality Management System
- Direct oversight of Pathology support services (e.g., specimen accessioning, clerical) to assure adequate and competent staffing for timely pathology services
- Supervising Laboratory Assistants and managing specimen receiving, processing, and transportation between Alameda Health System sites as well as supervising and overseeing the morgue attendant schedule, duties, and morgue functions
- Investigating client complaints, revised reports, and reportable quality issues, ensuring accurate and complete responses; implementing immediate, short-term, and long-term corrective actions
- Overseeing and administering all aspects of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Trainee program (1 trainee annually, 9-month practical experience through all specialty areas of the Clinical Laboratory)
- Reviewing all laboratory test performance (clinical laboratory and POCT), driving process and project management, and preparing and submitting required reports to meet established deadlines; evaluates and recommends modifications of test methods or introduces new techniques, equipment, or supplies for testing under the guidance of the Administrative Director of Laboratory and Pathology services.
- A Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field may substitute for one year of experience. A PhD in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field may substitute for an additional two years of experience.
- Four to Five years of progressively responsible work experience, including leadership in Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Experience with quality assurance and regulatory surveys (i.e., College of American Pathologists, The Joint Commission, OSHA, AABB, California Department of Public Health) programs and related activities.
- At least one year of supervisory experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
- General Laboratory Supervisor as defined by CLIA ’88 with a valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of California.
- Alameda Health System -
April 26, 2017
UC Davis Health - SR. SUPERVISING CLS, SESP Lab
Contact: To view full job description and submit an on-line application, visit UC David Career Opportunities at: http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id+98243
Requisition number #047221
Sr. Supervising CLS, SESP Lab
Salary Range: $3509.60 - $6321.60 Bi-weekly
Under the direction of the clinical Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for the day to day management of the 24/7 Hospital Laboratory located in the Surgery and Emergency Services Pavilion (SESP), including Automated Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and Point of Care (POC). This position works closely with the Clinical Specialist Supervisor of the pre-analytical Specimen and Report Center (SARC). The incumbent supports departmental goals through the management of timely and accurate blood and body fluid processing and analysis; evaluating and implementing new procedures, methods or instruments; scholarly publications; and quality assurance monitoring for several technical sections. A primary focus is on supporting the section supervisors with long range planning, project implementation, and collaboration with other departments to meet hospital goals and initiatives.
• Must possess current California State issued Clinical Laboratory Science license.
• Technical knowledge of Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and POC processes and procedures as necessary within the scope of job responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement principles.
• Knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and patient confidentiality, privacy and security.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines (CLSI), College of American Pathologists requirements (CAP), and Joint Commission (JC) clinical laboratory regulations.
• Knowledge of laboratory and hospital information systems (LIS/EMR).
• Knowledge of operational requirements of lab analyzers, instruments and equipment.
• Teaching and communication skills necessary for interactions with CLS and MLT trainees, medical students, pathology residents, and physicians.
VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
April 21, 2017
Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories – CLINICAL LAB SCIENTISTS
Santa Barbara, CA
Contact: Send resume to: Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories, Attn: Elena Tapia-Trejo, P.O. Box 689, Santa Barbara, CA 93111.
CLINICAL LAB SCIENTISTS
(Multiple Openings) Clinical Laboratory Scientist to prepare patient samples for laboratory tests.
- Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories -
Veterans Affairs Central California Health Care System - GENERALIST CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
Contact: Apply directly at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467773900
GENERALIST CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
Place Your Ad
If you have an opening and wish to advertise it here, please contact the CAMLT Executive Office.
Rates: $175 per advertisement (150 words). $25 for each additional 100 words. Add your corporate logo at the top of this page for an additional $75.
Duration: Two (2) months unless CAMLT is notified the position was filled prior to the end of the two (2) month period