Course # DL-988: THE GREAT IMPOSTER - Lyme Disease
by Martha Kunkel, BS, CLS - Retired, UCD Medical Center - Sacramento, CA
by Judy Davis, MA, CLS - Retired - UCD Medical Center - Sacramento, CA
Approved for 2.0 CE
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
After completing this course the participant will be able to:
- List the ticks, organisms, and geographical locations associated with tick-borne diseases.
- Correlate disease symptoms, laboratory tests, and timing with Lyme disease.
- Compare and contrast early and late treatments of Lyme disease.
- Describe ways to prevent the initial tick contact.
- Discuss the prevalence of tick-associated diseases and their recognition within the medical community.
- Discuss other potential tick-borne co-infections.