Course # DL-011 - Measles
by Helen M. Sowers, M.A., CLS Dept. of Biological Science (Retired) California State University, East Bay
Approved for 1.0 CE
Level of Difficulty: Basic
Measles is a highly contagious, acute viral illness that can lead to serious complications and death.
At the end of this course the participant will be able to:
- outline the history of incidence of measles in the United States.
- discuss the reporting of the disease.
- state the symptoms, identification, and confirmation of a case of measles.
- define the requirement for considering a case of measles as imported.
- explain the laboratory methods for diagnosis of measles.
- discuss the problem of imported measles including the spread to at-risk groups.
- list public health containment strategies for measles.